Any product or company names, marks, or logos shown on this page are the property of their respective owners. ComparePower is an unaffiliated, independent marketplace. Get unbiased, accurate information backed by our commitment to editorial integrity.
Smart Tips for Cool Summer Savings
Summer is upon us, bringing along the tantalizing aroma of backyard Texas barbecues and the joyous hum of neighborhood get-togethers
Of course, with the blazing sun, our electricity meters start to spin a bit faster, and those pesky energy bills start to rise.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help you stay cool while saving some cash on your electric bills.
The important point to keep in mind even before we dive into the tips is to regularly check your electricity contract’s end date.
We can’t stress this enough – getting stuck on a holdover rate during the peak of a Texas summer can take a hefty toll on your wallet.
So, be proactive and switch electricity providers when your contract is about to expire to avoid unpredictable high bills this summer.
Compare Rates Near You👇
Texas Summer Money-Saving Tips
Now that we’ve covered that essential tidbit, let’s delve into our handy guide to help you enjoy the Texas summer without the worry of high energy bills.
- Thermostat Strategy: Your thermostat is more than just a temperature gauge – it’s your secret weapon against high energy bills. Set it a few degrees higher when you’re away or asleep, and see the savings add up. Want to make it even easier? Consider a smart thermostat to automate these adjustments.
- Power of Shade: You don’t have to rely solely on the AC to escape the Texas heat. Close your blinds or curtains during the hottest parts of the day and take advantage of natural shade. If you have trees or shrubs near your windows, they can act as a natural sunblock, helping keep your house cooler.
- Energy-Efficient Cooling: An energy-efficient air conditioner can be a game-changer if your current unit is showing signs of age. Look for models with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating. They keep you cool and help save on electricity costs.
- Fans Are Your Friends: Ceiling fans and portable fans can aid in maintaining a comfortable indoor climate. But remember, fans cool people, not rooms, so turn them off when you leave the room.
- Find Energy Hogs: Ever wondered which appliances consume the most power? Time to find out and consider replacing them with more energy-efficient models. Even small changes like swapping out incandescent bulbs for LEDs can result in significant savings.
- Switch Electric Providers: Do not let your fixed-rate contract expire. There are hundreds of electricity plans in Texas. Do your homework and find one that suits your lifestyle and budget. If you’re environmentally conscious, many providers offer renewable energy plans.
Summer in Texas is all about warmth, joy, and priceless moments under the sun. We’re here to ensure that your energy bills don’t cast a shadow over your summer fun.
If you have any questions or need assistance finding the right plan our team of local energy experts is here to help!