Any product or company names, marks, or logos shown on this page are the property of their respective owners. ComparePower is an unaffiliated, independent marketplace. Get unbiased, accurate information backed by our commitment to editorial integrity.
What Do I Do if I Have Multiple Meters?
Managing a Texas property with multiple meters, like a house and a garage categorized as commercial by the utility company? No worries, setting up the right electricity plans is simpler than you might think. Here’s a clear-cut way to handle it:
- Check Out Your Setup: Start by figuring out what you’ve got – how many meters and what each one is for. It’s all about understanding your layout, whether it’s your main house or a garage the utility company labels as commercial.
- Choose Individual Plans: It’s a good move to select a different plan for each meter. This lets you match the electricity plan closely with the meter’s classification, making management and billing much simpler.
- Mixing Providers Is Fine: If you find that different providers offer better deals for your setup, go for it. Since each plan comes with a distinct account number, billing remains clear and separate, regardless of the provider.
- Commercial vs. Residential Plans: The key here is the utility company’s classification of your space. If a space like a garage is considered commercial, then it’s a commercial plan you’ll need. We’re here to help you sort out the right type of plan for each meter, based on its classification.
- Understand Your Contracts Inside Out: We’ll guide you through the contract details — pricing, terms, and the like — so you can choose a plan with confidence, fully informed about what you’re signing up for.
Questions? If anything’s unclear or you need some advice, just reach out. At ComparePower, we aim to make finding the right electricity plans as smooth as possible.
Call 855-441-3030, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:45 pm.